Trinity City Hotel Rebrands Restaurant and Bar
August 25, 2016
Trinity City Hotel’s newly branded restaurant the Pearse Room has exciting origins behind its name. Similarly, the suitably named Brunswick Bar hints at a great history. Earlier this year, our team made a decision to rename our restaurant and bar and similar name ideas seemed to emerge when brainstorming.
History is very important at the Trinity City Hotel given not only our setting in medieval Dublin, but also our proximity to the birthplace and home of Padraig Pearse. This is something visitors always seem interested to learn. Some of our guests come here to see many of Dublin’s beautiful and historic landmarks, however they get excited when they realise they are actually staying in one of them. The rebellious Padraig Pearce was one of the leaders of the 1916 Rising, who fought and sacrificed his life for Irish independence.
Additionally, The Brunswick Bar refers to the former Great Brunswick Street, established by the British back in 1791 to honour King George 1.
Trinity City Hotel at number 13 to 27 Pearse Street has been home to a great many residences including the British Army Recruiting Office, Padraig Pearse’s family home and business, Tedcastle’s Coal Merchants and also nearby the Dublin Fire Brigade Headquarters.
So with our great history and the nation celebrating Ireland’s 1916 centenary this year, it seemed appropriate and time for change. So, now we introduce and welcome our guests to The Pearse Room and Brunswick Bar.
Visit us the next time you are in Dublin and learn more about our history, host a private dinner in The Pearse Room where Padraig Pearse once played with his brother, dine in our Courtyard Restaurant taking in nice views of our interior garden and Georgian Buildings or relax and unwind in The Brunswick Bar for some pre-theatre nibbles.
To make a reservation contact email@example.com or call 01 648 1000